World-class Jazz&Blues on the slopes of Volcan Baru
BJBF visitor guidelines
Welcome to the Boquete Jazz&Blues Festival! We do hope that you’ll have a fabulous time! The organizers and our team of volunteers will do their very best to make your time in Boquete an unforgettable one!
To make your stay even more enjoyable please read and observe the following guidelines:
- Since we’re in the tropics at an elevation of 3000ft, and it’s summertime you should take great care of
appropriate sun protection. Protective sun lotion, a hat or a small umbrella are highly advisable. In order to assure unobstructed views of the stage for all your fellow festival visitors we don't allow large
umbrellas or lawn chairs in the venue. Stadium seats are allowed.
- Keep yourself hydrated! You may bring a small bottle of water, and there will be plenty of water for sale.
Coolers are not allowed in the venue.
- Food and drinks are available for purchase at very reasonable prizes. Please don't bring your own. You’ll support the festival with every purchase since the income from food and beverages sales is very important to finance the festival.
- Although we’re in the dry season there’s always the possibility of Boquete’s speciality, the Bajareque. Even real rain showers cannot be totally excluded. The Bajareque is a fine mist generated by the clouds drifting into the
valley which often creates beautiful rainbows. Evenings may be crisp and cool so bring a light jacket.
- Bring a seat cushion for your seating comfort. The seating rows of the amphitheater are covered with grass
with a front rim of stone. Lawn chairs are not allowed in the venue.
- Due to the limited seating capacity and sold-out performances we ask you as a courtesy to other festival visitors
not to occupy more space than you paid for. It's a strict one person - one seat policy. Our security staff will ask
you to remove any blankets or tarps that are taking space away from other festival visitors.
- Visitors who cannot climb stairs or are in wheelchairs will be accommodated in the front row of the
- Access rules for children
The following is the festival’s policy on access for young children:
Toddlers under two years old:
We strongly discourage parents from bringing toddlers below the age of two to the festival. High noise levels are
detrimental to their hearing. If you choose to ignore this recommendation, toddlers under two get in free but
would have to stay on the laps of parents at all times. Strollers are not allowed in the amphitheater.
Children from 2 to 4 years (under 5 years old):
One child per adult will be granted admission at half price. This does not apply to VIP tickets. Half priced General
Admission Children‘s tickets will only be available at the door, space permitting. No strollers are allowed. Due to
the steepness of the stairs in the amphitheater and the crowding in the aisles, children are not allowed to run free
in the aisles. It is dangerous for children and adults alike.
Children 5 years old and older:
Children 5 years old and older pay full ticket prices. Parents or guardians are responsible for their children at all
times. Children are not allowed to run free in the aisles due to the steepness of the stairs in the amphitheater and
the crowding in the aisles. It is dangerous for children and adults alike. Parents and/or guardians of children
running in aisles will be asked to leave the amphitheater and their tickets will not be refunded. The festival
management declines any liabilities for children attending the shows.
- Parking space at Valle Escondido is limited. Please leave your car in town, we will have a shuttle
service that transport you from your hotel or the central park to the venue for $1.00 each way.
- There’s no restriction for taking pictures or videos strictly for private use but please don’t obstruct the view of
your fellow festival visitors. Please don't stand in front of the stage with your I-pads up high to take pictures.
- Pets are only allowed in the venue if they are for service. Due to sold-out performances we regret that there's no
smoking allowed in the amphitheater.
- Don’t forget to support the festival and take home memories by buying our merchandise. Please also take a
look at the goods that our fine local vendors are offering!
- If you have any questions or need help please don't hesitate to address one of our friendly staff members wearing t-shirts marked "Volunteer," 'Security," or "Staff". They'll be happy to help you.
We love having you here! Have a wonderful time at the Boquete Jazz&Blues Festival!