World-class Jazz&Blues on the slopes of Volcan Baru
BJBF visitor guidelines
Welcome to the Boquete Jazz&Blues Festival! We do hope that you’ll have a fabulous time! The organizers and our team of volunteers will do their very best to make your time in Boquete an unforgettable one!
To make your stay even more enjoyable please read and observe the following guidelines:
- Since we’re in the tropics at an elevation of 3000ft, and it’s summertime you should take great care of
appropriate sun protection. Protective sun lotion, a hat or a small umbrella are highly advisable. In order to assure unobstructed views of the stage for all your fellow festival visitors we don't allow large
umbrellas or lawn chairs with a high back in the venue. Small umbrellas will also be available for|
- Keep yourself hydrated! You may bring a small bottle of water, and there will be plenty of water for sale.
Coolers are not allowed in the venue.
- Food and drinks are available for purchase at very reasonable prizes. Please don't bring your own. You’ll support the festival with every purchase since the income from food and beverages sales is very important to finance the festival.
- Although we’re in the dry season there’s always the possibility of Boquete’s speciality, the Bajareque. Even real rain showers cannot be totally excluded. The Bajareque is a fine drizzle generated by the clouds drifting into the valley which often creates beautiful rainbows. Evenings may be crisp and cool so bring a light jacket.
- Bring a seat cushion for your seating comfort. The seating rows of the amphitheater are covered with grass
with a front rim of stone. Lawn chairs with high backrests are not allowed in the venue.
- Visitors who cannot climb stairs or are in wheelchairs will be accommodated in the front row of the
- Parking space at Valle Escondido is limited. Please leave your car in town unless your walking is impaired. The
venue is within 10 minutes walking distance from the center of town.
- There’s no restriction for taking pictures or videos for private use but please don’t obstruct the view of your
fellow festival visitors. Please don't stand in front of the stage with your I-pads up high to take pictures.
- Pets are only allowed in the venue if they are for service. As a courtesy to your fellow festival fans please refrain from smoking when near other people.
- Don’t forget to support the festival and take home memories by buying our merchandise. Please also take a
look at the goods that our fine local vendors are offering!
- If you have any questions or need help please don't hesitate to address one of our friendly staff members wearing white t-shirts marked "Volunteer" or "Staff". They'll be happy to help you.
We love having you here! Have a wonderful time at the Boquete Jazz&Blues Festival!